Cuneo Tour Ski & Food & Wine
You want to discover which and how many facets declinations can take the concept of “Mountain”, this extraordinary corner of Piedmont represents, for any ski mountaineer, a rich opportunity for learning: villages sleeping in time, inviolable alpine traditions, artistic masterpieces hidden among the valleys, large amounts of snow, without forgetting the culinary aspect and the excellent Piemontese wines of Langa. All just 80 km from the French .
Seeing is believing……
Arrive in aereoport Nice (FR)
Transfert from airport to Limone Piemonte (IT).
Food & Wine: dinner with traditional cuisine and accompanying posiibility with wines from the region (Barbera-Nebbiolo-Barbaresco-Barolo).
Ski: freeride and short ski mountaineering excursion in the Limone Piemonte Riserva Bianca area.
Food & Wine: Lunch at high altitude and in the afternoon visit to the Troll craft brewery. Stay overnight in Palanfre in the Park Inn in Val Vermenagna (Alpi Marittime Natural Park). Dinner with local cheeses and the possibility of accompaniment with wines from the region (Barbera-Nebbiolo-Barbaresco-Barolo).
Ski: ski mountaineering at Pianard. Depending on the conditions of the snowpack crossed in Valle Gesso and transfer to the Langhe.
Food & Wine: The afternoon will end with a moment dedicated to ourselves, sauna and turkish bath with the possibility of being accompanied by a bottle of “Alta Langa” bubbles. The evening dinner made of typical Langa products also in this case possibility to accompany the meal with wines of the area (Barbera-Nebbiolo-Barbaresco-Barolo)
Food & Wine: No skiing today; we are in the Langa, a UNESCO heritage site here wines, truffles and cheeses will make us taste the territory.
Our day takes place with visits to the cellars, wine tasting, spa, after lunch transfer to the Maira valley.
Ski: back to skiing, ski mountaineering in the valley of Saretto, Oronaye, cross-country skiing in the Stura Valley where we will stay for the night.
Food & Wine: Change the valley here the kitchen recommends “Crouzet”, typical local pasta accompanied by a Nebbiolo.
Ski: Ski touring in Valle Stura in the afternoon transfer to Cuneo.
Food & Wine: in the afternoon relaxing time at Caffé Arione, here a “Capuccino” accompanied by local chocolates “Cunesi al rhum”. After dinner we will be protagonists of the Cunese nightlife.
Ski: ascent to the Valasco hut former King’s hunting house in the Gesso Valley and stay overnight.
Food & Wine: here you can not miss the relaxing moment with the possibility to bathe in the open air in the snow accompanied by bubbles.
Ski: ski mountaineering in the Vallone del Prefouns, crossing in France, descent into the Vallone del Salese, arrival at Le Boreon (60 km from Nice). transfer to Nice. Here our tour ends …. we conclude the Food & Wine section with a seafood cuisine.
DAY 9 :
Visit to the old city NIZZA and transfer to the airport. Back home
SKI TOURING MATERIAL
We recommend that you take special care in choosing your equipment because it contributes greatly to the success of your trip. Weight is decisive; you must always evaluate the weight / comfort ratio in order to find a good compromise. In general, it is better to stack thin layers rather than having one big garment and it is essential to stay dry in all circumstances.
– Backpack (minimum 30 litres) with central or lateral straps to attache your skis and ice axe.
– A pair of skis, mounted with ski-touring bindings and Ski Touring Ski Boots
– Touring skins and « ski crampons » specially adapted for your skis. (For telemark skis, we strongly recommend heel risers and total action range bindings, preferably with freepivot-touring function)
– Ski poles with a large disc at the bottom.
– Crampons: only for some of our tours and depending on snow conditions: your guide will inform you before the trip if they are needed.Each participant will be lent an avalanche safety kit, including an avalanche transceiver (ARVA), a shovel and a probe. Each trip member is responsible for equipment damage or loss.
SKI TOURING CLOTHES :
– Warm hat
– Neck protector or Buff
– Long sleeved underwear type “Micro-Fibre” (1° layer)
– Fleece jumper or jacket (2° layer)- Warm synthetic or down jacket (3° layer)
– Waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex-like jacket, with hood (4° layer)
– Technical underwear tights or leggings
– Pair of waterproof and breathable ski pants adapted for ski touring
– Pair of socks adapted for ski touring
– Pair of warm ski gloves or mittens and a pair of glove liners (i.e. light silk gloves or leather gloves)
– Spare change of clothes (at your discretion)
– 1 pair of good quality UV protection sunglasses (level 4)
– Water bottle (at least 1.5 litres), preferably insulated
– Sunscreen protection and a lip balm
– Small medical kit containing blister plasters (tape or mole skin) and headache tablets.
– A pocket knife
– Passport or ID documentation – extra cash for drinks in the huts
– Alpine Club membership card
– Camera (with long- lasting batteries)
– Hermatic/waterproof plastic bag to carry your documents and money
Packing requires your attention: along with your personal belongings, your pack should also fit packed lunches,
daily snacks, shovel and probe.
2.900€ fee per person with 4 partecipants
2.500€ fee per person with 5 partecipants
2.300€ fee per person with 6 partecipants
2.100€ fee per person with 7 partecipants
THE RATE INCLUDES:
- Organization the tour
- The assistance of a UIAGM certified Mountain Guide
- Photographic travel service
- Safety kit (transceiver-shovel-probe)
- All transfers from airport to airport.
- Half-board accommodation in hotels, hut.
- Visit and tasting at the brewery
- Visit and tasting at the winery with entrance to the Spa in the Langhe
- Tickets for lift facilities
THE RATE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- research and rescue insurance with UVGAM coverage (recommended): €15 per person for 9 days
- PERSONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE, which must include travel cancellation, early return, assistance during the trip, loss of baggage …
- flight to / from the destination of arrival
- packed lunch
- wines and beverages
- variations to the tasting menus
- anything that is not mentioned under “The rate includes”
- It is crucial that participants follow all instructions provided by the mountain guides before and during the activities, and that they accept any changes made to the programme in order to guarantee their safety.
- To change any route or activity programme based on conditions (weather, accessibility, refuge) and participants’ fitness level.
- The dates indicated for the activities may change due to weather, snow, or soil conditions, etc.