VERMENAGNA VALLE SKI TOURING - Limone Piemonte -
Itineraries for all the difficulties (beginner, expert)
Program for 1 day to more days
Look at the map..
Meeting pointe: Limone Piemonte,
Meeting time: 8.30 a.m
At the departure of the trip the check material and breafing
SKI TOURING MATERIAL
We recommend that you take special care in choosing your equipment because it contributes greatly to the success of your trip. Weight is decisive; you must always evaluate the weight / comfort ratio in order to find a good compromise. In general, it is better to stack thin layers rather than having one big garment and it is essential to stay dry in all circumstances.
– Backpack (minimum 30 litres) with central or lateral straps to attache your skis and ice axe.
– A pair of skis, mounted with ski-touring bindings and Ski Touring Ski Boots
– Touring skins and « ski crampons » specially adapted for your skis. (For telemark skis, we strongly recommend heel risers and total action range bindings, preferably with freepivot-touring function)
– Ski poles with a large disc at the bottom.
– Crampons: only for some of our tours and depending on snow conditions: your guide will inform you before the trip if they are needed.Each participant will be lent an avalanche safety kit, including an avalanche transceiver (ARVA), a shovel and a probe. Each trip member is responsible for equipment damage or loss.
SKI TOURING CLOTHES :
– Warm hat
– Neck protector or Buff
– Long sleeved underwear type “Micro-Fibre” (1° layer)
– Fleece jumper or jacket (2° layer)- Warm synthetic or down jacket (3° layer)
– Waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex-like jacket, with hood (4° layer)
– Technical underwear tights or leggings
– Pair of waterproof and breathable ski pants adapted for ski touring
– Pair of socks adapted for ski touring
– Pair of warm ski gloves or mittens and a pair of glove liners (i.e. light silk gloves or leather gloves)
– Spare change of clothes (at your discretion)
– 1 pair of good quality UV protection sunglasses (level 4)
– Water bottle (at least 1.5 litres), preferably insulated
– Sunscreen protection and a lip balm
– Small medical kit containing blister plasters (tape or mole skin) and headache tablets.
– A pocket knife
– Passport or ID documentation – extra cash for drinks in the huts
– Alpine Club membership card
– Camera (with long- lasting batteries)
– Hermatic/waterproof plastic bag to carry your documents and money
Packing requires your attention: along with your personal belongings, your pack should also fit packed lunches,
daily snacks, shovel and probe.
Contact us for customized information and programs
- It is crucial that participants follow all instructions provided by the mountain guides before and during the activities, and that they accept any changes made to the programme in order to guarantee their safety.
- To change any route or activity programme based on conditions (weather, accessibility, refuge) and participants’ fitness level.
- The dates indicated for the activities may change due to weather, snow, or soil conditions, etc.